Friday, January 29

Opossum siting...my first.

As I was leaving work yesterday in a snow squall I saw what at first I thought was a cat. I slowed as so not to frighten it and to my surprise it was an opossum making its way along the road. He kept on moving along and I put the car in reverse so I might snap a shot or two. He wasn't too concern with me but seemed to be on a bee-line to somewhere.

I did a bit of research and found they are North America's only marsupial (female has a pouch) mammal. And they eat anything, "natures little sanitation engineers".

3 comments:

  1. Almost missed the possum in all that snow! Don't they have terrible eyesight? Somehow, I think I read that about them. Looks as though you'll have snow on the ground this weekend - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on spotting him Andrea. Wonder where he was off too in all that snow.

    ReplyDelete

Glad you could stop by.

Enjoy the rest of your day.