I am forever looking for a recipe that uses up eggs. I only have 2 hens that lay now but that's still two eggs nearly everyday. This recipe came from EVERYDAY FOOD cookbook. Simple and quick and no water bath required.
Prep: 15 minutes Total: 1 hour Serves: 6
• 3 Pears or Peaches, peeled, halved, cored, & sliced. Or berries.
• 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
• 1/3 cup granulated sugar
• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 3 large eggs
• 3/4 cup milk
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• REAL maple syrup
• Confectioners' sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees; butter a 9-inch pie dish. Slice pears or peaches 1/4 inch thick lengthwise. Arrange slices, overlapping slightly, in dish. If using berries cover bottom of dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with maple syrup.
2. In a blender, process 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter, 1/3 cup each granulated sugar and all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 3 large eggs, 3/4 cup milk, and 1/4 teaspoon salt until smooth.
3. Pour batter over fruit; bake until golden and firm to touch, 40 to 45 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature, dusted with confectioners' sugar.